My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

compassion

I like to be a glass half-full kind of girl, so I am going to share the positive side of being confined to bed due to one nasty virus.  The first two days of this bug, I didn't get out of bed, didn't turn on the computer (I lived) and basically slept.  Yesterday I finally felt well enough to move, prop my head up, and surf.

What a guilty pleasure!  When was the last time that you just spent a day clicking from site to site without a care in the world?  S and G were taking care of the kids, and the first time that I looked at a clock it was noon! :) I did impose a mandatory nap for a bit, but I couldn't wait to get back to what I had discovered -- incredible blogs documenting a trip to Uganda with Compassion International.

I remember Melissa telling me about this trip as she is a fan of Rocks in My Dryerone of the bloggers to make the journey to Uganda.  What a great concept.  Invite talented bloggers to visit the Compassion International trenches and raise awareness to what just $32 a month can do in the life of a child.

I spent much of my time on the blog Ragamuffinsoul.  Carlos is a worship leader at a church in Atlanta, and he and his wife made the trip together.  She posted on her blog Whitaker Woman.  

Please watch this video that Carlos took in Uganda and see what a difference this organization is making in the lives of children.  I was blessed by it yesterday and you will be too!


10 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i can't stop crying ... will need to process and get back to ya ...

hope you feel better sister ... love ya and all you bring to my world for Christ !!!!

Candy said...

I too was blessed, humbled and thankful the Lord gave you the opportunity to find the blog so we could all share in the opportunity to adopt--if even just long-distance. What precious children!
Love.
Mom

steffany said...

I hope you are feeling better.

I emailed you the twins pictures:)

HoodMama said...

Love it! Love Bwire! Love Robert! Thank you Compassion Intl.

Tymm said...

Yeah - Compassion Intl. is great - we have spponsored a boy in indonesia and I can't even imagine getting the opportunity to meet him.

I am glad you got to spend the day viewing this stuff and I hope you are feeling better!

tymm

Nicholas said...

What another sobering insight... fantastic people can make changes to this overwhelming problem.

I'm going to be pressing you in the coming months to join me/us on a mission of sorts back to Ethiopia in 2009 or 2010 to build homes/schools/clinics. I've been dabling in research of the sorts... are you guys interested at all??????????? There are several opportunities that I've already come accross without even scratching the surface!

Holli said...

TEARS......
I am going to steal and post!

Amy said...

Sorry you have been down and out! Hopefully you are starting to feel better now. I have seen a few of these blogs on other sites.... Moving. A fun that we just did was get a compassion child that lives in Addis Ababa... we plan to go back over to Addis hopefully semi soon and will get to meet her!

Feel better!

Laurzie said...

I love Compassion International! Thank You, Lord, (and thanks, Em, for posting!) for bringing about this opportunity. My heart is so burdened for Africa.

And, if you and Lori go on a mission to Africa without me, you are so busted!

Feeling better yet? Do you need me to fly out and pack for you? :)

Jess said...

That's a good clue for me to come out of lurker-ville on your blog.

Carlos and Heather (whittakerwoman) are at my church in Atlanta. It's a small blog world. They are incredible people with great blogs, especially ragamuffinsoul. I would encourage everyone too to check out their blogging in Uganda. It's powerful.

We have a son from Guatemala (found your blog through the Wheeler's) and are currently being pulled to adopt from Ethiopia in the future. So, I've been lurking and hoping for your referral for a few months now. Thanks for letting me lurk!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers