My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, February 3, 2008

renewing your mind

Another little nugget- do you think the publisher of my devo will get upset that I quote so much of it?? Hope not because I can't help but share it with you!

I am renewing your mind. When your thoughts flow freely, they tend to move toward problems. Your focus gets snagged on a given problem, circling round and round in its attempts to gain mastery.  Your energy is drained away from other matters through this negative focus.  Worst of all, you lose sight of Me.

Praying that our minds would be renewed by Him!

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2

11 comments:

Nicholas said...

I'll keep this on my mind today - thank you! :)

Candy said...

Thanks, Em, for the good words. Isn't this what Paul means by "taking captive every thought to the obedience of Christ", "setting our hearts on things above" and "pressing on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us"? The enemy within (sin) and the Enemy without work in tandem to draw our hearts and minds ever away from the One True God and Lover of our souls. May you find Him to be the joy of your life and your heart's desire today and every day.
I love you!
Mom

Shelly Roberts said...

Preach it sista! :) Thanks for sharing. So encouraging to see others "in waiting" truly looking to the Lord. What a shower of blessing we're gonna experience when we see God's glorious plan revealed. Can't wait to hear shouts of rejoicing comin' from your way!! :) Blessings, ~Shelly

Laurzie said...

Yes! Obviously, the Lord is trying to tell me something, because this issue keeps popping up lately. It's so easy to slip into the pattern of chewing on problems or sufferrings over and over. But, that only serves to take our eyes/minds of Christ and worshipping Him. I know that for me it is an act of sheer determination (and the Lord's discipline) to put aside "me-ness" and mulling on troubles and focus on the joy of the Lord. Thanks for the reminder, Emily! Have a blessed, Christ-focused day full of JOY!

obligato said...

okay ya know what? I love this a lot!

obligato said...

Emily, today would be great! Can u make that happen! Oh, i am focusing on your amazing post instead!!

xoxo

obligato said...

totally, love the tee shirts and matching slacks would be perfect! Like real cacky slacks...hehe

These Three Kings said...

And let the church say.....AMEN!! I so much need the word in me DAILY in order to renew my mind..what then would the holy spirit use to help me set my mind on things above(Col. 3:1-2)
LOVE IT girly!! thanks for the encouragement

Tymm said...

Love it. I attend a friday morning group that just last week studied Romans 12:1-8

Good stuff...

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I love your little nuggets! I so easily fall into the pattern of focusing on the circumstances around me. No wonder I am exhausted all of the time!! Praying for you friend.

Love,
Lindsey

P.S. We will be in Dallas in 2 weeks!!!! I would love to see you. You should take your girls to Girls of Grace!!!!

HoodMama said...

Great Em! Just like we were saying today, it's so easy to get caught up in the settling or strategy of circumstances that we forget His perfect timing and the rest He offers in it.

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers