My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008

glass half-full


Today I am choosing joy.  Today I am choosing to see all the blessings in my life and not focus on the one thing that I see as "lacking" right now.  Yes, I want a referral and yes, I wanted it yesterday- but I choose to believe that the plans of the Lord are far greater than my own.

I have an amazing husband, 4 great kids, supportive friends (many of you), an encouraging family--- so I will focus on those things and know that at HIS perfect time, my two new blessings will come to me!!

Jesus Calling for today-- "Let the goal of this day be to bring every thought captive to Me. Whenever your mind wanders (why haven't there been ANY referrals for TWO weeks from WH?), lasso those thoughts and bring them into My Presence.  In My radiant Light, anxious thoughts (what if the rules change?, what if it takes twice as long?) shrink away.  Judgemental thoughts (why did they get a referral first?, we have been waiting longer- sin isn't pretty friends) are unmasked as you bask in My unconditional Love.  Confused ideas (maybe we went with the wrong agency) are untangled while you rest in the simplicity of My Peace. I will guard you and keep you in perfect Peace, as you focus your mind on Me. 

Another example of His blessings- The beautiful Pam Thorne and her two youngest came for a visit yesterday.  We had such a blast playing all afternoon.  The kids did some awesome jumping picks in honor of Tara.  



The kids also acted like rock stars for a minute and took out their frustration over not having a referral with an old guitar!!!!


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.  For those whom He foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order that he might be firstborn among many brothers. And those He predestined, He also called and those whom He called he also justified, and those whom He justified he also glorified.  Romans 8:28-30


My friends, the glory of the Lord!! It doesn't get better than that!! May you rest in His goodness with me today:)

20 comments:

Keva said...

You always seem to amaze me. Your contentment in this situation is always inspiring and so refreshing. You are a true testment to Jesus working through you. Continue to allow Him to be your rest and your dwelling. I am praying for you dear friend.

Gurskes said...

AMEN!

So tell me more about this trampolene (sp) it doesn't have legs, but the kids are still jumping on it. It looks like it's lying on the ground, but i'm assuming not! I'm sure its a safety thing (....tramps are scary..haha you get what I mean...haha)

obligato said...

oh thanks for that post Emily! I needed it! :) Praying for you today!

Nicholas said...

Big ditto on what Keva said! Much love and big huge New England hugs!

xoxox Lor

ps. MP took my camera to Milan so I cannot do my planned "pick me up" video just yet. Not to fear, it's a comin'!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen sister ... like me i know you are going to be so glad you found JC before bringing home your treasures ... The word Peace sounds so comforting ... and that is what the Lord wants to give us each day no matter what we face ... love ya and can't wait for that txt with big news !!!

Anonymous said...

Great post Em! I can sooo apply that to many areas of my life right now...I think a lot of singer girls could :) Love ya and see you manana!

steffany said...

I love that- bring every thought captive to me!
It's so easy to let our emotions govern us, especially when it comes to our heart's desire. But bring every thought to Him! What words.
I find when my thoughts are running amuck and wild, if I sing a praise song or praise Him with my words my thoughts are held captive. It's impossible to have doubt and fear speaking to you and in your thoughts when you are professing God's faithfulness. It's like if you say chocolate over and over again it's pretty hard to be thinking about a salad:)
Emily, you have a beautiful heart and family. I can't wait to rejoice with you right now, tomorrow and in the days to come when your kiddos come home.

Laurzie said...

See? Barnabus (or Barbnabita, or Barnabella or some feminine version)! You are such a great encourager, Emily. What a FUN time you all obviously had together! I'm go glad. :)
Hebrews 10:23-25a "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another..."

HoodMama said...

Ok, I couldn't say it more beautifully that these people here. Now, what have you done with my niece? Who is that girl with layered hair? What in the world?!? MAKE THEM STOP GETTING BIGGER!!

Holli said...

Can I be part of the family? Funny, Hilarious and totally crazy for God!:)

Tara said...

Aw. I am touched! Truly honored to have a tribute jumping fest! Single tear.... :)
I clicked on every one of the pics and I am thouroughly impressed!! Those are some well executed jumps!
Wel done. Well done.
Admit it, it was really fun!

Candy said...

Resting with you, waiting with you and rejoicing in His goodness and glory with you. As He "upholds all things by the word of His power" (Heb. 1) we trust in His infinite grace and providential plan for the two newest members of our family, foreknown before the foundation of the world.
I love you, sweet Em!
Mom

Candy said...

Me too!
Love you, sweet girl.....
Dad

Laurzie said...

OK, I tagged you for the "8 Things" game! :)

Erica said...

Beautiful beautiful post. Girl you encourage me so much. Love it. Thank you.

A bit jealous of the fun time it looks like you all had! What a blessing!

Trampoline FUN! We are going to bury ours in the next house too. LOVE it!

Praying you get a referral SOON! I can't wait to see the little sweetie/sweeties God has for you guys!

Rebecca said...

I've been memorizing Phillippians 4:11-13 and have been thinking of you. (Seriously, I was thinking about you pretty much all day the other day - is that weird? I kept praying for you, because I figured there must be a reason God was putting you on my heart!)

~Laura~ said...

I completely agree with Holli. Such a fun family but the best part is that you guys are crazy about God. Praying for you guys!

kristin cowden said...

ok, all i know is i am sooo glad i have happened upon your blog! i literally have read thru the entire thing! i will tell you , it was so precious to read with "fresh eyes", in one straight reading, the hand of the Lord! The analogy that kept coming to mind as i read thru your blog is, birh pains! His timing is oh so perfect...you all are experiencing labor...the labor of waiting for these precious children to come home! Hopefully you are in "transition" and your water has already broken, and you are very near to this sweet "birth". i truly am praying for you all! it is really fun to pray with you all!

Wonderful World said...

wow i will rest in His goodness today and I'll be praying for you. That devotional is great. What is it?

emily said...

It is called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. You should get it:)

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers