My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009

mistletoe farms

And he told them many things in parables, saying:"A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears, let him hear."  
Matthew 13: 3-9

Some neighbors and our home school science class planted a garden this weekend.  Gardening is not easy business- it is work!  The kids were all so helpful and are proud of the finished product.  We are praying that the freeze (yes, it froze on April 7th) didn't hurt anything.  We took the necessary precautions to be safe.  This is a first for our family, but the thought of running outside to grab a freshly grown red bell pepper makes me happy. :)

Each family brought different things to plant so we have such a variety.  What could you not live without if you had a garden?

Aunt Donna getting the crew organized!
The Porter fam- they bought the lot next door and that is where we planted the garden.  
Craig riding the compost! 
The kids (notice all girls- boys managed to be on basketball court right now) working hard.
making some great progress
busy planting
almost done
All finished
Preparing for the freeze

15 comments:

Misty said...

wow!!! that is a serious garden!! what a great idea. you truly live in mayberry ;) we want to plant one as well but we are fearful the deer will eat everything!! or possums...raccoons...armadillos...barnanarnarnarnarnarnarnarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (haha that's for you Jess!)

Erica said...

WOW! That looks AWESOME! I can't live without my basil and tomatoes!

Jen said...

What fun! Great community. We had a garden last year and the kids loved eating what they grew:)

Mandy said...

What an awesome garden! And, how fun doing it with a group of friends...bonus!
oh - and I love fresh tomatoes straight from the garden. yum!

Christy. said...

That looks like so much fun, I can't live without cucumbers...
I have been following your blog for a while now, I am a friend of Erica's. We are a few weeks away from joining the wait list with CHI for a boy, 12-24 months old. We are thinking that our little guy's name will be Abe too! And, our 8 year old is Avery. Looks like we have the same taste in names. :0)
I have been so encouraged by your journey, thanks for putting it out in the blog world.
In Him,
Christy

Bethany said...

This is so exciting. We plant veggies every year and LOVE LOVE that we can walk out the back door and make a salad :-). I think it's such a valuable skill to teach your kiddos too. My mom always had a garden growing up and I always aspired to have one too! Great job team!

HoodMama said...

You know I'm so jealous!!! Amazing!!! Can't wait to see what fun recipes Avery makes with the crops! :)

Tracy said...

oh how fun!.....and just another way your family is ever so fruitful! :)

Amy Jo said...

How FUN! I pray the harvest is abundant! Thanks for sharing pics!

Susan said...

So love our little farm! Coming over to water later today!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yummy, yum, yum!!! Save some for Jessie! :0)

Candy said...

Hey! I saw those girls in action. Hats off to Avery, Issy, Cousin Olivia and crew who did major hoeing and raking-- without gloves, I might add. Can't wait for the fresh garden veggies.
Love,
Nanny

Rebecca said...

I'm a little jealous. I need to plant a garden! I always have big aspirations of doing it, but I either don't do it - or I do it and can't get anything to grow :) Can't wait to see how your garden turns out!

suzanne said...

I mean.....what in the world? Is it really as BIG as the pictures make it look? We thought we would plant a watermelon and pumpkin garden one time and about half way through the summer I was sooo "over" weeding it! i cannot wait to hear of your harvest! Keep praying for us. Mike and I went on a date night tonight and had a great talk about the future of our family. We will walk in faith if need be.....so glad we are on the same page.....still waiting for diagnosis!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, don't laugh at my pitiful attempt today at a garden ... but the kids got seeds in their Easter basket ... We did our Resurrection Easter egg set and then went to plant new life ... WE DUG ONE HOLE DUMPED 4 PACKETS OF SEEDS AND WATERED THEM ... hee hee ... We shall see what God does w/ it ...

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers