My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 27, 2009

covered in prayer

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12



This is Callie (with Avery and her bf Abbi) and she is unlike any other 17 year old girl that I know (or have ever known)!! She is mature beyond her years and our family is blessed to have her in our lives.

Callie is one of Avery's dance assistants and Avery adores her. I can't think of a better role model for my daughter. Callie loves Jesus and thinks deeply about the world around her. She has a passion for Ethiopia and the millions of orphans that live there. She sponsors a child through KVI and has a burning desire to adopt from there one day-- did you read the 17 years old part? I pretty much thought about me, myself and I when I was 17. She writes me amazing emails asking questions about Ethiopia, the adoption process and her prayers to visit Africa someday soon.

Callie loves Abe too, loves him! One night she kept the kiddos so Moody and I could go on a date. When we got home she ran out to the car to get something. She came back in with a gift for Abe. I opened up the most beautiful blanket that she knit for him. She also gave us a card that said "when I found out about Abe's diagnosis, I started knitting this blanket for him. I would pray for him while I knit, so now you can literally cover him in prayer!"

How beautiful is that? I love the blanket, I love the thought and time that went into creating this gift for my son. Thank you so much Callie. Thank you for your light, your love. I can't wait to see all that the Lord has for you- I know it will be great.



18 comments:

Kari said...

Emily,
I love hearing the heart of precious Callie!! What an honor to cover one another in prayer. My daughter, Hannah has a godly mentor in her life, too...Ashley!! We continue to pray for Abe...its amazing to see the miracles every time you post:)
xoxo

Unknown said...

that is pretty much awesome. yep.

Traci@TotalMomsense said...

Wow- that is impressive for a 17 year old. This post made me cry happy a bit- what a great thing and how darn cute are those two little toothies coming in on little Abe- aren't they just the cutest? So glad he's doing well- my kiddos loved watching the video of him the other day- they were cheering like they were at a ballgame- thank you so much for continuing to document your journey publicly- we have used it over and over to teach lessons to our kids- they are in love with little Abe- so know we're still here in Nashville praying and cheering you all on!

Laura said...

Um, where I can I get a "Callie"?

What an amazing girl who shines the light of Jesus. I love it.

Laura

Candy said...

Callie is another expression of God's goodness and kindness to your family, Em. And I know that He will use that heart, already given to Him, for great work in His Kingdom.
Abe looks like he loves cuddling in the blankie and with his sister, Issy.
Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think I meet Callie once when I picked up Ave from dance...? She is super sweet! Love that blankie she made for Abey!

I wish I could hold him today and cover him in kisses... :0( Soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh---I called you back! Tag-you're it! :)

Jen said...

Wow! What a girl! I can only pray that my kids would meet someone as wonderful as she is. You are blessed to have her in your children's lives.

HoodMama said...

What a heart that girl has at such a young age!
Love the blanket and knowing she prayed the whole time she was making it! Beautiful!

Erica said...

Absolutely amazing. What a precious girl. The blanket is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

I love how big Abe's smile is in the last picture. He has some sweet siblings too!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

love to see her generation getting it so much sooner than ours ...

love ya girl ... it was good to hear your voice (even for a sec) today ...

Amy Jo said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing. Callie sounds like an amazing young lady. I'm so excited to hear how God is really opening the next generation's heart towards the things (people) that break His heart. I can't wait to see how He is going to move through them. :-) I love that when God allows us to walk through a challenging season, He also surrounds us with beautiful people to care for and support us. Praying for precious Abe & your family! Sweet blessings, Amy in OR

Nicholas said...

My comment should have been posted on this post. Read the previous post for my most recent comment! :)


Duh! Stupid Lor!!!

Kim said...

Incredible! What a special gift from a special girl!

Misty said...

that is too cool! and btw my dds appt got moved so maybe ya'll will be home when i come over there. i would love to see ya'll and let Cashy and Abey play together for a bit! :) love the pic of Izzy and Abey!! xoxo i miss/<3 ya'll :)

Cheryl said...

How precious! What a beautiful gift!

That Abe is adorable as always!! Loved the video of him working hard to crawl :) Still praying for that miracle boy!

A&W said...

What an amazing story "covered in prayer"!! And what a blessing she is to your family. I can only imagine her influences among her friends and peers at school. Praying for more "Callies" out there! How awesome that you found yours!!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers