My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 13, 2009

drawn from water

Thank you Tracy for posting this. This story needs to be shared. I spent some time on the drawnfromwater.org website yesterday and was greatly blessed. If you go to the site, read "the story" tab of how the organization came to be and the faithfulness of those that literally jumped into action. 

Imagine if your spouse went on a mission trip and called you while there to say honey "I think we are supposed to move our family here and help these precious children."  I took complete liberty with that conversation, but my point is that they saw a need and literally sprang into action.  

If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (Matt. 16:24-5)
Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men. (Mark 1:17)
I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 8:12)
Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead. (Matt. 8:22)
If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me. (John 8:31)

6 comments:

Holli said...

thank you for sharing....
being responsible for what you have seen is a blessing and so hard all in one! God is good and I am praying that I will JUMP when ever called!

Kristi J said...

How awesome...Saw this on Tracy's...so inspiring!!! Happy Easter to your crew...I want some pics of your fam on Easter posted :) kj

nancy said...

AMAZING story. thank you!

Diane said...

Thank you for posting this site, Emily. Over the years it is a wonder to me as our family continues to wade into the Fields of the Fatherless. God continues to draw all who are willing to see into His love for all His precious children, I believe the orphan weighs heavy on Him, now, us...and, I am thankful to Him and you for sharing this site. I plan to bookmark to begin with and follow through prayer, hoping that God will provide a way for each and every member in His Body to contribute to the lives of the orphan!!

Please hug Abe for all of us, I was overwhelmed with thanks to God and happiness to see Abe's strong look of determination to crawl and stand....I just know he will soon and can not wait to see him accomplish so much more...and, he sure will!!!

Tracy said...

thank you emily! so amazing isn't it---and joanna could not be more precious!

tom's day is awesome, too! elle is getting permission at school today to be barefoot on thursday! :)

Kate said...

Emily,

Thanks so much for sharing this. I will be following this story and plan to post the video on my blog. God is truly remarkable!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers