My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hope for Dube Bute



Okay - I am a day late posting this for Team Alexander. And I'll admit it - I got caught up staring at all the pictures of our beautiful daughter they sent us! So here is the text message I woke up to yesterday morning:

Ok, can't put into words how amazing yesterday was as we spent the day in Dube Bute, the kebele Eyasu spent his first two years of his life. We were greeted at the road by hundreds of people. They were singing and praising the Lord that we came. They have hope!

we rode about an hour on horseback to get to the kebele center. Finalized project! Praise the Lord that we will be able to provide 18 clean water points, 8 new classrooms (2 new buildings), a new health clinic, renovate existing building used for healthcare workers (one cared for Eyasu when he was so sick) and the first ever vet clinic in the kebele. This is a farming community. Should have fundraising page live in the next few days!

Love you friends!

Okay - so because I am a late slacker - the fundraising page is already up! I won't even try summarize it for you - just go read it here and be amazed (or click the banner below) - it's incredible what they have going on and I can't wait to watch God work in this. It's gonna be BIG!



2 comments:

Nicholas said...

Amazing!

The O'Neal Family said...

Hi Emily,
My name is Joely and I think I read it right that you were the winner of Erica's fundraiser. I had donated a shirt and a painting and wanted to talk to you about what you would like, etc. You can email me at joelymelissa@yahoo.com or find me on my blog http://expecting-from-ethiopia.blogspot.com/ Nice to "meet" you, you have an adorable family!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers