My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, June 4, 2012

ethiopiasmile2012



This time next week, I will be sitting in my house with 3 little Ethiopians to myself.  Moody and the 4 big kids will be getting very close to landing in Ethiopia!  They will head to Dube Bute early the next morning with an awesome team to visit there for several days.  They will check on the project, show the Jesus film, do some teaching, some dental/medical care, love on kids, reunite with family and see how we can best partner with them in the long run.

My heart aches to not be going to Dube Bute, to be away from so many of my crew but it is best.  Gigi and I will hop on a plane to join them the next week in Addis for EthiopiaSmile.  Yes, I am flying solo around the world with one VERY busy almost 2 year old. PRAYERS APPRECIATED :)  It was too soon to leave her and I couldn't imagine missing this trip with my 4 big kiddos.  Only have 3 years left with Hill (how is that possible??)  So she goes along for the ride.

Abe and Eyasu will stay here with an incredible group of people willing to serve in this way to allow me to go! Thank you. :)  It will be difficult to leave them but simply not practical to take them either.  Abe much prefers his own surrounding and we found out last time he went that Ethiopia is simply not set up for a kiddo in a wheelchair.  Eyasu would love to go but keeps saying that he and Abe went on the first ETSmile trip, so it is Gigi's turn.  Precious boy.

I would really appreciate your prayers this week as we frantically finalize details, pack up and fight off the enemy that is attacking on all fronts.  We rest in the ONE that has called us to go, just ticks me off that he fights so unfair.  Prayers for safe travels for the team, CUSTOMS and patience here for me as I will be missing some really amazing helpers!!!

More on the trip in future posts.  Have some big obstacles that I know the Lord will show up in mighty ways to overcome.



About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers