My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009

service

Most of you know Melissa, my sister in law. You know she is doing a great work in the inner city with her family, and you know she is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s!! You may not know that she has a brother that has just returned to the war. Trust me when I tell you that he is a total bad a**, but that doesn't make it easier on Melissa or his family.  

Head over there to let her know you will be praying for him on this next tour!

I read this letter on another blog and thought it was definitely worth sharing.  Tyler was recently sent back to the war and he wrote his mama this letter.  It is powerful.

For those of you who are diligently praying for the troops I ask you to pray for America. At some point during this war, the death of American soldiers in combat has become unacceptable.
What has become unacceptable is the American public calling for a withdrawl. Our grandparents during World War II had ration cards, victory gardens and a nationwide speed limit of 40 (due to the wear and tear on tires since rubber was in such a short supply). The American public has sacrificed nothing. If anything they have only benefitted from the fact this war has stabilizd this corroding economy.
The fact of the matter is, America, not the troops has become the casualty in this conflict. The will that got our great-grandparents through the depression has disappeared. The heart that got young men through the draft in both World Wars also has dissipated. The heroism that was so commmon in Vietnam has now become a rarity.
I have served in multipule theatres and can say from absolute truth I know exactly what I have signed up for. I have lost friends. But through it all I know exactly what I have to do and that is press on.

Sadly, the same America I signed up to defend is not the America I know now. This war on terrorism has been reduced to coffee talk at colleges and debates on the media. For those of you out there who know how to fix this conflict or at least tell your friends how to, sign up, suit up, and come on over. There's plenty of room for all.
I will get off my soapbox now.....I will ask you once more though, pray for America.
Very Respectfully, Tyler

9 comments:

michelle said...

We will pray for Tyler and America! Tyler we thank you for your candid soap box speech, and most importantly for your love and dedication to our GREAT country. Thank you for your bravery and service!
God bless you brother Tyler.
Your friends in the Lord.

Cheryl said...

I love Melissa! I love her heart! I love their ministry! I love reading about her life... she is definitely hilarious!

I will be praying for her brother... and for Tyler... and for America! and for ALL our military... and for their families here waiting for their safe return.

Great letter from Tyler!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing this, Emily. Sometimes we forget. This letter and this blog both help us to remember.

mama becca said...

Oh snap... you go Tyler!
My very own brother, another Tyler, is a 2nd Lt. in the US ARMY and is proud to serve. My older sister Emily is a Colonel in the USAF and basically runs this country. My dad is Ret. Capt. USAF. So this is personal for me. I am definitely praying for our troops!!!
love
becca

HoodMama said...

What an amazing letter from the frontlines. It's so easy to forget and talk about something people are dying for over coffee. Thanks for the reminder and the shout out.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Couldn't agree with him more. And so thankful for him and all of the other soldiers fighting for our country. Matt is going to Afghanistan in August...their new baby Noah will be three months old. I just hope that all of these people that have such complaints about the war at least RESPECT the soldiers that are doing what they have chosen not to do. Respect people, and show a little thankfulness!

Jen said...

Wow. We are called to task...as we should be. What have we given up? Thank you for sharing.

Nicholas said...

This is brilliant. I plan to share it on my blog tomorrow or the next day!!! Thanks for the reminder! I've been a little too focused on water! :)

Tracy said...

awesome letter! thanks for sharing it! praying for tyler and his heroic mom.

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers