My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009

road trip to popo

We took a road trip to visit my grandfather yesterday. This was Abe's first time to meet Popo and it went really well. Popo is my mom's dad and is 97 years old. His mind is super sharp. We had each of the kids ask him questions about what his life was like when he was their age, what he did in the Navy, etc. To listen to him recall specific dates and stories was amazing. It was such a blessing for all of us to spend a little time with him.

Abe meeting Popo

Abe thinks he is pretty great

Issy prays for Popo every night before bed and was elated to see him again




Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. Proverbs 17:6

11 comments:

Brent Riggs said...

I love pictures with grandparents and elders; our country has lost the blessing of honoring gray hair. Great photos...

Brent (Abby's Dad)

Brent Riggs said...

I love pictures with grandparents and elders; our country has lost the blessing of honoring gray hair. Great photos...

Brent (Abby's Dad)

Ted Billings said...

Em,
It was a true blessing to Popo and the Lord derives great pleasure in serving others. Issy's prayers are sweet fragrance in heaven and reward stored up.
Blessings to all, and I'm so grateful to Moody for giving up his day off to take this road trip.
Love you guys!
Nanny

rk said...

Oh, this makes me miss my grandparents. Love the way you celebrate family.

R

Jen said...

love those pictures. You will always treasure them. Abe is looking really big to me.

Rebecca said...

What a fun trip! I have to say, I don't think Popo looks 97! Grandparents are such a special gift.

HoodMama said...

Love seeing pictures of Popo! Sweet man! Glad Abe finally got to meet his great-granddaddy!

Kim said...

What precious photos of such priceless memories!

michelle said...

So sweet to see Abe looking at Popo in the pictures, you can see the love Abe has for Popo even though this was the first time meeting eachother. I am sure Popo was equally delighted to meet his newest great grandson!

solas4me said...

These times with spent with grandparents are priceless. Your family is truly blessed.


Justin

Kristi J said...

oh, he reminds me of my grandpa...he is 96..so sweet, kj

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers