My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, February 20, 2011

fishers of men

A precious blog friend, Traci, has made her 40th birthday request be known.  She wants people to donate to Dube Bute, to continue to bring HOPE!  How amazing is that?? She will be 40 in a little less than 40 days.  Go check out her h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s blog and make her birthday wish come true! :)

Below is her post.  You can read her blog here. Her campaign page is here.


In less than 40 days I will be 40.  This spring my oldest baby will graduate from 8th grade and enter high school, and my youngest baby will graduate from elementary school and enter middle school.  Have I mentioned that baby #1 gave me stretch marks and baby #2 gave me wrinkles?

It's a perfect storm.

On Sunday I was convinced I'd end up like George Clooney trapped inside a sinking ship wondering what happened to my life.

And I do believe I mentioned that I wept.  The weeping didn't help.

So I continued on into Monday.

And that's when I realized that I was in the throes of a  mid-life crisis.

But I digress.  I know I promised you HUGE news.  So here it is:

Last night I asked you to pray two things for me:

"If you spend yourselves on behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed then your light will rise in the darkness and your night will be like the noon day."   Isaiah 58:10

"I want to see a mighty flood of justice, an endless river of righteous living."   Amos 5:24

And then I told you that God had a come to Jesus meeting with me. 

It's big.  It's really, really big.  It's so big that there is absolutely no way that I can pull it off.  This will be a total God thing.

And it's left me speechless and terrified. 

We are going to raise $10,000 in 40 days for Dube Bute, a small village in Ethiopia.

I told you.  HUGE.

Over the next few days I'll tell you how all of this came about, but for now can I ask you to do one thing? 

Prayerfully consider giving to this cause.  Your gift will help to provide water points, classrooms, medicines, and veterinary services to a village so that poverty can be wiped out one village at a time.

You can read more about it here.  What I'll tell you today is this- 100% of your gift goes directly to the people of  Dube Bute. 

My bloggy friend Emily and her family started the campaign to raise almost $500,000 in order to save the children of this village.  They are roughly $47,000 away from finishing the project.

Did I tell you that in addition to their 4 children, Emily and her husband have adopted two boys from Ethiopia? Those two boys have changed their family forever, but more importantly, because their family was changed, the lives of hundreds of Ethiopians will change. 

I promise, there will be more information tomorrow.  But tonight I need you to pray and consider giving. 

And consider this...

And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

God told me to go fishing for my birthday.  He promised a big catch.  Will you come with me?
See y'all.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers