My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 19, 2010

cast of characters

I think it will be helpful to give some background information to better help you see the big picture of the past few years. It is really what makes this story so amazing, so God!! Hang in there, but hopefully will make future posts come together for you. :)

Kristin- Kristin is my sweet friend that sent us the support letter for her trip to Zambia, prompted our kiddos to start begging to adopt, asking us to pray about it...............fast forward a year later and Kristin is on a plane with us to pick up Abe. She took the most spectacular photos of our trip and put together the Abe Day Video (at bottom of page is you haven't seen). It was sent to many people via email while we were still in Ethiopia, made MIGHTY TO SAVE our theme song, and garnered Abe some fans! Those fans would quickly become a lifeline of prayer support as our world turned a bit upside down.


Kelley and Joey- my sister and her husband. Kelley traveled to Ethiopia with us to pick up Abe as well. Prior to our trip, they met Donna and Philip Berber, founders of A Glimmer of Hope. They bonded over lunch, Ethiopia and shared passions to help those living in extreme poverty.


Eric Schmidhauser- Director of Social Investment for Glimmer and also at the lunch with Kelley and Joey. Eric traveled with me this past June on our trip to Ethiopia. Eric has a beautiful wife, Lucie, and two children, Grace (more on her in a minute and I promise, it will be worth the wait!!!) and Max. Moody and I were able to spend time with them recently when we went to our meeting at Glimmer in Austin and again at dinner recently in Dallas with Donna.


This past June.........Julie, Julie, Kristin and I head to Ethiopia to check out the work Glimmer was doing. More on how we got to that point in next post........but for now I have to introduce you to Eric's daughter, Grace.

Grace has a God-given gift and for me to keep it to myself wouldn't be right. She will be famous, winning Grammys, American Idol and any other major award given to those with mad vocal skills. We listen to her all the time now. Go here to see her, here to watch her and YOU MUST listen to Hallelujah on her website. You will thank me.

Grace saw Abe's video (see I actually am going to connect a few dots here) and was moved by the song and images. She hadn't done any worship music prior to this, but asked her teacher if he would help her with the song. She recorded it last night and please watch below---- Oh, did I mention that she is 10??? Yes, 10 years old!!

We are humbled that she dedicated it to our sweet boy. So, thank you Kristin for stepping out to go to Africa, for using your gift of photography to capture His story of adoption, for Kelley and Joey meeting the Berbers and partnering with us now, for the Berber's hearts for Ethiopia, for Eric leading us through Southern Ethiopia and for Grace for using your gift for His glory. I will be a life long fan.



15 comments:

Tymm said...

wow. Grace... INCREDIBLE RECORDING.

I love this post for so many reasons...

Kendra said...

You and your family were definitely instrumental in our adopting also. I followed Abe's story and always longed for more. Lovely how God leads us all together, Yes? :0) I am soo proud of you and your family and am amazed at the lives you have touched along the way. I knew I wanted a daughter someday...I knew my husband was fine with his three boys....and then I began to read about you and following Katy and 147 million orphan girls. Eventually my husband came around (it helped that we hosted a children's choir from Uganda) and we are now waiting for our 2-year-old baby girl---submitted to court a couple of weeks ago. Thank you for sharing your story of adoption and leading soo many of us on this path. And I don't want our journey to end there--so it's soo great to see all of the other things you are doing in Ethiopia as well. God has blessed us all soo abundantly and you are appreciated.

~Kendra
mama to the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen....from Ethiopia~

Unknown said...

I started crying the minute she started singing. WOW! There is a reason why Jesus said come to him like little children...they just GET it!

Erica said...

Amazing. Incredible girlie. Amazing God.

Unknown said...

Wow! Moved to tears once again! It is amazing when you are blessed to see the big picture of just how He is always moving and working in hearts and lives and at His perfect timing! I am so excited to experience Ethiopia in a few weeks and more than that to see and experience all that He has prepared for us there. Have a blessed day! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

WOW such talent for someone so young...you are right, I think God has BIG things in store for Grace!!

I've loved GETTING to walk this journey with you, as it has turned and twisted more than we could have ever imagined! Team Alexander you are influencing so many, my life included, as God opens our hearts and eyes to HIS heartbeat! Love you lil sissy!!

Deena said...

I still remember the first time I saw your beautiful family and watched Abe's video...I had met Diane (who adopted Ruhama from KVI) and she told me that I had to check out your blog because there was a photo of her daughter in one of the videos. I was so moved by Abe's video and your journey...also moved by the Mighty To Save theme song!!! I remember the day I showed the video to my husband too...not so on-board with the adoption thing at that point. God proved that "HE can move the mountains..." and He moved my husband's heart toward Ethiopia. We are now so blessed to have our little girl home, in part, thanks to those of you who traveled before us and shared your amazing journey with us!!! Many thanks and blessings to you!!!!

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

Every time I hear Mighty to Save, I think of you and say a prayer for Abe. I actually JUST downloaded some video (from my camera) of my boys singing to the song --NOT even close to the God given talent that Grace sang it (WOW, AMAZING!!) but heart felt :).

Tammy said...

Instant tears. All my kids are standing around listening too. Thanks for sharing Grace's gift of music. Mighty to Save was our family song when we brought our son home a year ago =)

HoodMama said...

WhooHoo! Can't wait to hear all the Lord has in store in this beautiful village.

Heather said...

WOW! Beautiful, just beautiful!

Kim said...

WOW! Love connecting the dots and seeing God's plans revealed for each of your families. MIGHTY TO SAVE will forever be THE song that I associate with your dear family! Grace's version is incredible. Are you sure she is only 10 years old? Amazing!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Anonymous said...

WOW! Grace you definitely have some big things coming your way! Awesome! Keep up the great work, it definitely is paying off in such a great way! MUSIC is always healing to the soul for everyone!!!!

Henley on the Horn said...

Wow. Grace has an incredible GIFT from the Lord. Wow. I can't wait to go to her website. I loved seeing you connect the dots for all of us. Most of all, I loved hearing how God's hand was with you every step of the way. He does that in all of our lives, even when we don't know it at the time. He is amazing!! Love to all of the Alexanders!

Holli said...

wow!!! WE ARE FANS HERE TOO!!! thank you for sharing!!!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers