My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the wheels on the bus

My sweet boy is officially riding the bus now.  Took me a wee bit longer to get adjusted than he did. The lift scared him the first day, but now he rides it like a champ!  I drove him to school the first few days, then followed the bus a few days. (yes, I was that mom!)  On Thursday I just left a note in his folder for his teachers to call me and let me know how he did (they are amazing like that!). My stomach was in knots not knowing but I knew the teacher would call me soon.  I then got a text from my rockstar hubby that said, "I may or may not be sitting in the school parking lot!" Love him.  So he was able to report yet another successful bus trip! He is doing amazing now all by himself.

Love that my awesome neighbor, Sydney, captured the first bus day on film.

His face is simply joy.
 Here comes the bus! 
 Yahoo!
We can do this buddy!  Proud of you Abe. 



10 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this for so many reasons...Love seeing how your boy is growing up and that his ripples are now going to bless yet another group of people that get to be around his joy during the day!! So proud of him!! Go Abey Go!!

Missy said...

Love that smile. Big boy!

We Are Family said...

SO exciting! My mama's heart feels for you. To God be the Glory!

Jen said...

May or may not be crying. Love!

Kim said...

Well ... that erupted a good ugly cry! So precious. There is just something about that Abe. His ripples continue! God Abe Go!

Julie said...

Hi! I have followed your blog since back in 2008 when we began our adoption process - we adopted from Ethiopia as well. So I have followed your story of Abe since God chose him for your family. So exciting to see him taking off with this new phase of his life. What a precious and happy little guy he is! Blessings to your family!

The Stiffs said...

Oh my heart! I love to see that smile. Big steps for all of you. Sending our love!

smithec said...

Abe continues to blow me away. And so do you and Moody. :)

Kelli TenHaken said...

I also LOVE his smile! These pictures look so familiar and remind me of when we put Ruby on the bus for the first time. I also followed her to school :) You are not alone! Hope his first days are great!

Punky said...

Oh, Emily- that is awesome! So happy for Abe and you & Moody! Wow... that darling thing has come a long, strong way! So grateful that you shared this sweet joy with us! xoxo - P

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers