My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 17, 2010

walk for water

This is a powerful video that was made just after we left Ethiopia. Eric, MC, and Tameru headed up north to visit various projects going on up there. This is a 14 year old that volunteered to truly experience what life is like for those in Ethiopia. Please take a moment to watch and try to understand what it would be like to have to make this hike just to get water! We so take turning on our faucets and clear, pure water coming out for granted. I know that I do. Love that the Glimmer folks took video of this journey. Praying my big boys get an opportunity to experience something similar on our trip in October.

Walk For Water from A Glimmer of Hope on Vimeo.

I have had many of you ask specific questions about this incredible organization and I can't wait to share more with you soon. Please feel free to email me at teamalexander at mac dot com if you have questions.

Let me know what you think after watching this- would love to know your thoughts...............

Will finish up trip this week. :)

5 comments:

Cindi Koceich said...

Of course it makes me cry! It gives life to the "walk a mile in my shoes" phrase. Again, reminded of all I take for granted and of what is truly important!
I am not a bit surprised by the concern the Ethiopian people showed for him on the journey, the help they gave him along the way and the encouragement for when he reached the top! So many lessons!

Amy said...

I am angry. Angry that I didn't know. Or perhaps angry that I never took the time to know. Lord forgive me.

Mike Rusch said...

Wow...hard to even comprehend

Jen said...

great video. What we take for granted!!! New appreciation for the struggles that they face and the stength that they have! Love you.

mama becca said...

My thoughts?
I want to be there now. Digging more wells with my bare hands so that no one has to walk that far for a basic life necessity.
Wow. I want people to GIVE! To GO!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers