My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, May 3, 2010

cookies for kids



For a limited time (May 3-16), Pei Wei Restaurants in Texas and Arizona are teaming up with Cookies4Kids to bring a special cookie (Double Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie). The cookies will be sold for $1.00 each, and all profits from the cookie promotion will be donated to the Gladney Center to help support children worldwide through Gladney’s humanitarian aid efforts.


Go buy a cookie, and support kids!! Get creative! For only a $1 (and they are large, yummy cookies- I had one today!) call ahead to order a dozen, take them to your kids school, Bible study, and support orphans! Be sure to tell Pei Wei just how much you appreciate their efforts to use their position to support orphan care.


Moody met Scott Brown (Gladney) today for lunch and they about cleaned them out. They were told that on a typical day that store would sell about 7-10 cookies. They made 18 this morning thinking maybe this promotion would sell a few more than normal. They were amazed that by noon, they were almost already out of cookies!


If you look closely on the flyer, you will see that Kristin generously donated the pictures to the campaign! Love her heart for the orphan.


Seriously, when was the last time you were begged to eat a cookie to support a worthy cause??? :)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! I'm goin!

Unknown said...

are they shipping those cookies???

Scott said...

When another Gladney employee stopped by the store at 1:30, they had already sold close to 40 cookies!

Deena said...

How cool! I went to Pei Wei for the first time in MN while I was at the Summit. It has become my favorite restaurant for Chinese food and NOW I love it even more!!!We don't have any restaurants in WI. I would love to order some cookies if I can...or, maybe I need to make a trip to Texas or another state that has Pei Wei!

Mandy said...

Boy, nobody has to twist my arm to eat a cookie! And, helping orphans is just the icing on the cake (or cookie)!

Sydney said...

Ummm... cookies and edamame in the same place? I am pretty sure I can be convinced...

Amber said...

I just bought two of these cookies today while eating there! they are delicious and what a great cause!

Kelley said...

We are headed there tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up! Time for a little Kung Pao Chicken and a dozen cookies!! Yum! Yum!
Kel

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers