My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008

nashville and giving thanks

What a welcome from my blogger friends in Nashville!!

My soul sisters- thank the Lord daily for you girls! Our time together blessed me richly. 
Suz, me, Gwen and Corinne.

This group is such a gift! These women are such an encouragement to me the way they love the Lord. Thank you for taking time to spend with me on Monday. :) Kelly, Kristi (with George), Tracie (with Levi), Gwen, Katie, Lindsey, me and Suzanne.


Kristi has a true gift of hospitality and we all benefitted from it greatly! Thank you for opening your home to us. I can't wait to do it again. :)

I was worried that Abe might miss me terribly and cry the entire 48 hours- not so much! He did great. I am thankful that he enjoyed his time with his siblings, nanny (my mom) and daddy. Thank you guys for letting mommy get a break!

This is Abe hanging with his brothers. :)

I'm pretty sure behind this smile he was thinking "mommy, where are you? Come home mommy!!!!"


I'm working backwards, but Thanksgiving was wonderfully relaxing! I loved being with family, friends and enjoying way too much food. The cousins played non-stop and the adults got to hang out and visit.

Sweet Kristin joined us this year and it was such a gift. Our family considers this amazing woman to be one of our own. :) It helps to have really creative people in your life. She blessed us immensely with our pictures and videos from Ethiopia and look what she whipped up in a few minutes Thanksgiving morning.

She came in with some paper, asked the kids to help and next thing that I knew- we had a giant Thanksgiving tree in our house. Everyone loved writing down what they were thankful for and taping it to the tree. What a blessing to read everyones leaves. Trey won for most creative- and Abe won for most leaves total. Everyone is thankful for that little guy! Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and are preparing your hearts for Christmas.



Here is a video that convicted the socks off me. I have seen it on many blogs, but wanted to share it as well!


17 comments:

Kim said...

What fun!
I am just in awe of the seemingly endless connections of kindred spirits in the world of adoption (and blogging)!
Just love the Thanksgiving Tree idea. I may steal that for next year!
Blessings,
Kim

I Love Purple More Than You said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! And I love the Thanksgiving Tree. What a great idea!

HoodMama said...

Missed you! Glad your back! We need to catch up!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Thanksgiving tree idea is something we should do each day ... Fabulous!

I think Moody should send you once a month ... It was an amazing time and I am so thankful you came ... Your heart inspires me .. I emailed Nikki today ...

LOVE YA !!! Sisters Forever ...

Kristi J said...

I LOVE the tree idea and so plan on stealing that one next year...thanks for your sweet words...Entertaining is only fun when you have wonderful Godly people to do it for...thanks for coming and sharing your heart and love for Abe. It was wonderful to hear, and you can know that I am more prepared for whatever comes my way because of your experience. Thanks again for fitting us in on your quick trip, kristi

Jen said...

What an amazing few days. I hope that you got the rejuvenation that you need for the beginning of the Christmas season, my friend. It is amazing to realize what a wonderful community the blog community is.

Rebecca said...

I can totally tell from those pictures that Abe was missing you :)

Glad you feel refreshed!

mama becca said...

I sooo wish I'd been there! How fun. And those pics of Abe are awesome!

Laurzie said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you had a nice time in TN! Awesome!

erinz said...

thanks for sharing! I posted that video on my blog today (& saw it on several others as well).

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I hadn't seen the video yet. Thanks so much for sharing it. What a struggle this season is, to celebrate the GIFT that was given, instead of falling into the meaningless pit of consumerism, and lose the joy of the season. It's like -- we all agree, but how do we stop it, you know?

Tracy said...

I so agree with Kristi and Gwen! So happy to finally get to meet you, sweet friend! Love the tree!!!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

What a wonderful and blessed time for you!!!!! Funny enough, I was reading the kissesfromkatie blogspot today (a favorite thanks to you!) and realized, hey these are the same people! :-) Then I realized that Katie was in one of your photos. Oh, if I could've only been a fly on the wall! Could you have asked for better companionship away for your family?!?!?! I pray that your time there was energizing and uplifting!
Blessings to you!
Love,
Kristy

Misty said...

great video, that says some of what i was trying to get across with my long-winded blog about greedy people hurting others to buy meaningless stuff!!! that tree is too cool as well. happy Saturday Alexanders!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Nolan Kemp i was Wick's junior Councelor at K-kountry this summer!!
i have actually been trying to get in touch with the boys but i miss you guys and have some good news about my new baby sister to tell yall anyways, my email is: nolanckemp@yahoo.com
please email me and tell your boys to email me too but hope to keep in touch!

Nicholas said...

How did I miss this post??

I love that you got away, love it!!

That tree is just amazing, what a love for doing that and a great idea!!Wowzer!

How wonderful that we are in a different place (heart and soul) than we were one year ago... Something I'm going to post about that just kills me - we ARE changed women Em, and for the better! Me much more so than you!

xoxoxo Love you girl, Lor

The Hebert Family said...

I love your Thanksgiving Tree, I might use this next year. What a great way to show what your thankful for.

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers