My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 10, 2012

opposition and laying it down

Every adoption and prior to each EthiopiaSmile trip we are met with intense opposition.  While it is certainly not pleasant at the time, it reminds me that we are doing exactly what He has called us to do. It also allows me to SEE Him work in powerful ways. It gets me excited about the HUGE ways I know the Lord will show up, reveal Himself and humbly allow us to participate in while serving in Ethiopia.

So when the enemy is placing us on what feels like the front lines today, firing away......I am choosing to surrender to Him.  I think I have a plan, have it all figured out and all of this reminds me just how wrong I am.  The enemy attempts to rob, kill and destroy.  He would love families to say that adoptions are not worth it....he would love us to close EthiopiaSmile down, but it isn't going to happen.  God is bigger, and uses all things for our good and His glory.  I will lay all of this at His feet today, surrender and rest.......well rest in spirit as I have 5 Alexander's hopping on a plane to Ethiopia in a few hours.!!

SOLI DEO GLORIA












0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers