My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 7, 2009

world AIDS orphan day

Today is World AIDS orphan day

15 million children,  orphaned by AIDS worldwide. 



That number is equivalent to the populations of New York, Paris, and Bangkok, combined.
Can you wrap your brain around that???

Rich Stearns, President of World Vision, US said,

"I believe that this could very well be looked back on as the sin of our generation. I look at my parents and ask, where were they during the civil rights movement? I look at my grandparents and ask, what were they doing when the holocaust in Europe was occurring with regard to the Jews, and why didn't they speak up? And when we think of our great, great, great-grandparents, we think how could they have sat by and allowed slavery to exist? And I believe that our children and their children, 40 or 50 years from now, are going to ask me, what did you do while 40 million children became orphans in Africa?"


Please, please take the time to go read this great post here. 

5 comments:

Candy said...

Thanks, Em. No, I cannot wrap my brain around it.
It is as Bono said, "A continent is on fire and God's people are watching it burn." (or something to that effect)
Another opportunity to "do unto the least of these."

Love you!
Mom

Tracy said...

absolutely this is our holocaust....

is your mom candy?---she's awesome!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i just read it ... i love how she paints a real, true, and educated picture ...

thanks sister for always keeping our minds and heart focused ... i do wonder what our children will think of us and how we cared for the LEAST OF THESE ...

i love ya

Kari said...

THANK YOU for helping us spread the word on the dire circumstances in Ethiopia with formula needs!! We just got the word that over $12,500 was raised today:)) Can you imagine the faces of the nannies when they see 400+ cans of the best formula!!! whooohoooo
What a special miracle!!
Take a peek at Tom Davis' blog...its so inspiring!
xoxo

Eryn said...

Hi Emily! My name is Eryn Kesler, I live in Vancouver, WA. My hubby and I are also adopting from Ethiopia...did I understand correctly that you all are adopting from ET again? We were just "gladney approved" on friday, and are just waiting for CIS approval to get our dossier authenticated, and on Gladney's waitlist for a infant girl!

Love LOVE your blog, your family seems so sweet! I loved your little blurb on the blog union video! I wish we were going this year, but all our $ is straight to the adoption fund this year!

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers